CALGARY (660 NEWS) – New COVID-19 restrictions are now in effect across Alberta.
Effective immediately, all bars and restaurants are closed to in-person dining. As well, gyms, arenas and casinos are closed.
Here’s the complete list of restrictions:
- Bars and restaurants – closed to in-person dining
- Gyms, arenas, and casinos – closed
- Malls and stores – reduced to 15% capacity
- Places of worship – reduced to 15% capacity
- Working from home now mandatory for those able to do so
- Holiday gatherings limited to members of the same household, or with two close contacts for those living alone
WATCH: Province hands down measures, defends previous plan
The restrictions will remain in place for at least four weeks.
The province has indicated if these measures do not help curb the spread of COVID-19, additional restrictions may have to be implemented.