EDMONTON (660 NEWS) – Five more Albertans have died from COVID-19 complications.
The five deaths before reported Thursday involve:·
- A male in his 40s from South Zone
- A female in her 80s linked to the outbreak in Agecare Skypointe in Calgary Zone
- A male in his 90s from Calgary Zone. Not linked to continuing care.
- A male in his 90s linked to the outbreak at Mount Royal Revera in Calgary Zone.
- A female in her 90s linked to the outbreak at the Edmonton General Care Centre in Edmonton Zone. This is the fifth death linked to this outbreak and was announced Wednesday by Covenant Health.
The latest deaths bring Alberta’s total number to 318.
WATCH: Chief Medical Officer of Health Dr. Deena Hinshaw provides daily COVID-19 update
In Thursday’s provincial update, Dr. Deena Hinshaw confirmed 477 new cases of the virus.
New cases by region:
— Courtney Theriault (@cspotweet) October 29, 2020
There are 1,879 active cases in the Calgary zone, with 2,277 in the Edmonton zone.
One hundred and thirty people are presently in hospital, with 18 in the ICU.
As of Thursday afternoon, more than twenty one thousand people have recovered from COVID-19.