CALGARY (660 NEWS) – Monday is Heritage Day in Alberta and that means Calgarians will have an extra day to bask in the sunshine.
It also means there will be changes to city service for the holiday:
- On-street parking will be free
- City lots and parkades will follow holiday rates
- Transit will be running on a Sunday level of service; the red line will be closed between Brentwood and Sunnyside stations (with shuttle buses in place)
- City golf courses will remain open
- Wading pools, splash parks and outdoor pools will also remain open