CALGARY (660 NEWS) – A man is dead in an apparent natural gas leak on a rural property southwest of Calgary.
Emergency crews were called to a section of road along Highway 549, northwest of Turner Valley.
Stuart Brideaux with EMS says emergency crews responded to a report of a man that had collapsed after being overcome by a “toxic substance”.
“It seems that a natural gas line may have been ruptured or broken causing the man to be in medical distress,” explained Brideaux.
“After it was determined it was safe for paramedics to approach the scene, unfortunately, they did declare one man deceased at the scene.”
Another man at the scene was checked out and released by paramedics.