CALGARY (660 NEWS) – One person is in hospital after a natural gas line explosion sparked a fire at a construction site in the city’s northwest.
Both fire and ATCO crews were on the scene for hours in Sage Hill–a community with a number of homes under development.
Doing their best to put it out. It's a natural gas line. Doesn't smell too bad here though. Fire is only metres away from the next home. pic.twitter.com/Pi9gT0GJAL
— Tom Ross (@Tommy_Slick) November 7, 2019
The fire was just metres away from a home next door.
A propane tank that was in the area of the fire was singed, but it appears fire crews were able to push the fire back before the tank exploded.
The person rushed to hospital is in serious but stable condition.