CALGARY – Calgarians looking to celebrate Canada’s 152nd birthday Monday have a long list of local events to choose from.
Prince’s Island Park:
- Alberta Jeep Extreme Virtual Reality Experience from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Célébration Franco-Albertaine from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- ENMAX Photo Booth from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Powwow & Indigenous Showcase from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Turban Eh? from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Eau Claire and East Village:
- Canada Day at Eau Claire from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- The Bounce Games Park from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- East Village Street Fair from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Free admission at the National Music Centre from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Canada Day at Fort Calgary from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Calgary Chinese Cultural Centre from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Canada Day Strum ‘n’ Sing 2.0 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Military Showcase from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Calgary Central Library‘s Stories of Canada from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Canada Day Salsabor from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Tim Hortons Canada Day Stage from 6:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Canada Day on Stephen Ave from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Heritage Park’s Dominion Day from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Canada Day discount at the Calgary Zoo from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Calaway Park from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Canada Day Block Party at Max Bell Arena from 12 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Celebrations and Beer Garden at South Centre Mall from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Celebrate Canada at Prairie Winds Park from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- City of Calgary Fireworks Show from 11 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
WHAT’S OPEN AND CLOSED:
- Public outdoor pools excluding Eau Claire Plaza/Barclay Mall, Prairie Winds Park
- All city golf courses and driving ranges
- Southland Leisure Centre from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- East Calgary, Shepard, and Spyhill landfills
- All City of Calgary buildings, City Hall
- All aquatic, recreation and fitness centres (other than Southland Leisure)
- All arenas and athletic parks
- Village Square Leisure Centre
- North Mount Pleasant and Wildflower Arts Centres
- Calgary Soccer Centre