Loading articles...

Smoke detectors save family of five after NE housefire

Smoke detectors helped raise the alarm for a family of five after a blaze broke out in a northeast Rundle home on Wednesday evening.

Crews were called to a two-story house onĀ  Rundlemere Road around 8:30 p.m. and when they arrived, they were met by flames shooting out the front windows on the main floor.

Two adults and three children, aged 11 and under, initially attempted to put out the fire on their own, but it quickly grew and drove them out.

Firefighters will remain on scene to insure all hot spots are out.

Thankfully, the family is insured, however, they’ll be out of their home for some time.